Series: Back-Up #3
Author: A.M. Madden
Release Date: June 12, 2014
Genre: Contemporary Romance
You’ve read Back-up, you’ve read Front & Center, and you want an encore?
Jack and Leila have had to deal with some devious nonsense in their lives. But now, life is real good.
Find out what they’ve been up to. Travel into the future with Jack, Leila and all their friends. Put to rest your questions of “What happened to…”
If you are looking for heartbreak, angst or drama, look elsewhere. Encore is meant to produce a long and breathy sigh.
I hope you enjoyed the journey of these amazing people half as much as I enjoyed creating it.
Reading Encore was like stepping into the sunlight after too many grey and cloudy days. This book was pure joy and I loved every minute of it. I had to read it all in one sitting because there was no stopping this story once it got rolling. Within seconds of opening this book I was back in the world of Devil’s Lair and grinning with the gratification of being surrounded by old friends. Even the moments of uncertainty littered throughout the book couldn’t keep the smile off my face as I continued on Jack and Leila’s journey.
Unlike the previous two books in this series, Encore lets us see this story from everyone’s point of view. A.M. Madden could not have chosen a better way to tell this story. Every single character has taken up residence in my heart over the course of this series and finally being inside some of their heads was liberating. Each point of view is distinct and significant to this story, providing us with a different view on the world of Devil’s Lair and Cliffhangers.
This story is a ton of fun. With the drama taken down a notch the band is free to focus on their families and careers. We get to see a lot more of their relationships in this book. Each and every character has such carefully constructed connections with the other characters that you find yourself instantly invested in every relationship. This book takes us through moments of success and moments of insecurity. Milestones are celebrated and lives are transformed, all the while A.M. Madden puts you right there at those crossroads with the characters.
Encore is all about this beautiful and unforgettable family that was brought together by Jack and Leila. This family frustrated me to no end and drove me insane. They made me laugh out loud at their ridiculous conversations and behavior. They caused me to cry tears of both pain and utter happiness. My favorite thing about Encore was that it wasn’t just Jack and Leila’s story, it truly was everyone’s and it rocked. I miss all of them already. A.M. Madden has written a breathtaking story that re-defines the happily ever after.
Download: Reason I Am, a Back-Up original song
20 Fun Facts About A.M. Madden:
- I am equal parts Jersey girl, Italian and hopeless romantic.
- I’ve been a romance novel junkie since teenage years. Forever, by fellow Jersey girl Judy Blume, was the first book I re-read over and over.
- I’m OCD. If I love one book in a series more than the others, I still have to read all three consecutively.
- I’m the only Italian I know who despises peppers.
- I’ve seen Springsteen in concert over 50 times.
- My top 3 book boyfriends are Jack Lair, Christian Grey, and Kellan Kyle.
- My celebrity crush has been George Clooney for years, but Jamie Dornan dethroned him. I am literally counting the days until FSOG is in theaters.
- My favorite movie is The Notebook. I predict FSOG will dethrone that.
- I have two teenage sons who are very supportive, but want no part of my books.
- My favorite sport is baseball, and my favorite team is the Yankees.
- I stalked Yankee shortstop Bucky Dent as a pre-teen when he moved to hometown.
- My dream is to take my husband and boys to Italy one day.
- One of the most exciting moments since becoming an author was when R.K. Lilley started following me on Twitter.
- My greatest accomplishments are my boys.
- I’m a great cook but an awful baker.
- Technology hates me.
- I am always thrilled whenever I see dolphins at the Jersey shore.
- My drink of choice is a Moscato Wine with frozen grapes.
- I wish I could sing.
- If I could have dinner with any 3 celebrities dead or alive, I would choose Bruce Springsteen, Ellen DeGeneres, and Elvis Presely.
Add to Goodreads
Don’t miss the rest of the Back-Up series:
Back-Up (Back-Up #1)
Front & Center (Back-Up #2)
Backstage (Back-Up #4)
The Devil’s Lair (Back-Up #4.5)
Backstage Pass (A Back-Up Series Short Story)
The Back-Up Series Box Set (Books #1-3)
Amazon Best Selling Author
A.M. Madden’s debut novel Back-up is the first of three in The Back-Up Series. Book 2, Front & Center is also available on Amazon. Book 3, Encore will be released June 2014.
A.M. Madden is a wife, a mother, an avid reader of romance novels and now an author. In Back-up she aspired to create a fun, sexy, realistic romantic story. She wanted to create characters that the reader could relate to and feel as if they knew personally. A self-proclaimed hopeless romantic, she loves getting lost in a good book. She also uses every free moment of her time writing, while raising teenage boys.